Which Room Should You Start Painting First? Tips from a Residential Painting Company in Wilmette, Illinois
Interior painting projects can be daunting — especially if you intend to paint multiple rooms at once. The time it takes to paint an entire house varies from one house to another, but you can typically expect to commit a significant amount of time for prep work, cleaning, and painting if you’re tackling multiple rooms at once.
If you are painting an empty house in Wilmette, you can prep and paint rooms in any order that makes the most sense. However, if you live in the house, you may want to start with one room rather than tackling multiple rooms at once. Doing so will isolate the mess to one room and keep things more organized.
Here are some things you may want to consider before hiring a residential painting company in Wilmette, Illinois:
Which rooms should you start with?
● Living areas: Living rooms are an excellent starting point. Many homeowners want to choose a color palette for their home, and the living room is usually the room where they do it.
● Kitchen: A kitchen sees the most activity and needs a new paint job sooner than others. If you have an open kitchen and living area, you probably treat them as one, but they do not have to be painted the same color. There are many online tools available to help you visualize how different color pairings would look in a single room or several connected rooms.
● Bedrooms: Another room where many homeowners choose to begin is in the master bedroom. It is a good idea to paint the bedrooms first so that you and your family can have a relaxing escape while the rest of your home is being worked on.
There are other variables to consider if you are painting in preparation for selling your home. Because kitchens, bathrooms, and living rooms are the areas where buyers focus the most, real estate professionals recommend focusing on these rooms when repainting your home. Having your outdated interior walls repainted by a professional residential painting company in Wilmette will increase the resale value of your home.
Should you hire a professional painting company?
Painting a small room can be an easy DIY project that you can tackle over the weekend. Painting your entire home is a different story. When deciding whether to take a DIY approach or hire a residential painting company in Wilmette, Illinois, you should consider the following factors:
● Safety concerns: Vaulted ceilings are standard in many Wilmette homes, but they can be too risky for most DIYers to tackle. Call a residential painting company if a room needs ladders and scaffolding to paint. Professionals will have the proper training and equipment to get the job done right.
● Significant color changes: Repainting with a matching color usually only requires spot priming and a final coat. However, it gets more complicated if you move from a dark color to a soft neutral. An experienced residential painting company in Wilmette, Illinois will know the right steps to take in these situations.
● Degree of difficulty: For most DIYers, painting walls with a roller is easy. Ceilings and trim are vastly more complex and time-consuming to paint. Painting rooms with wide baseboards, built-in cabinets, or intricate trim around windows and ceilings demands a high level of expertise. So, it would be best if you left this to professionals.
Looking for a Residential Painting Company in Wilmette, Illinois?
Are you ready to begin your interior painting project? If so, and if you’re looking for the best residential painting company in Wilmette, Illinois, Emerald Decorating Company is the company to call. Contact us today at (847) 696-4583 to request a free estimate on your interior painting project in Wilmette.